SOFT MOLASSES COOKIES
• 3⁄4 Cup shortening [3/4 cup correct amount.]
• 1 Cup packed brown sugar.
• 1⁄2 Cup white sugar [reserved for coating raw dough balls.]
• 1 Large egg.
• 1⁄2 Cup molasses.
• 2 1⁄2 Cups all-purpose flour.
• 1⁄2 Teaspoon salt [see note below.]
• 2 Teaspoons baking soda.
• 1 Teaspoon ground cinnamon.
• 1 Teaspoon ground ginger.
• 1 Teaspoon allspice.
• 1 Teaspoon nutmeg.
-Cream together shortening and brown sugar.
-Stir in egg and molasses and mix well.
-Fold in dry ingredients and stir.
-Cover and chill till firm (1-2 hours).
-Preheat oven to 350°.
-Roll dough into small balls and roll in white sugar.
-Place on lightly greased cookie sheet.
-Bake at 350° for 9-10mins.
-Leave on sheet one minute until set.
-I changed the amount of salt in here.My original recipe calls for 1 Teaspoon of salt but that may be too much for some. A few people have made it as is[the majority] with no complaints on salt, however a few commented it was too much. I think 1/2Teaspoon can be used with no alterations to the recipe.I will leave it up to you either way you still WIN!!
Follow me on Pinterest !