BACON CHEESEBURGER PIE
• 1, 9″ uncooked pie shell.
• 1 med. onion, chopped.
• 6 strips of bacon, cut up.
• 1 Pound ground beef.
• 1 Teaspoon my house seasoning [equal parts garlic powder, onion powder and pepper…combine and store in an airtight container.]
• 3 Tablespoons BBQ sauce.
• 1 Tablespoon ketchup.
• 2 Teaspoons worcestershire sauce.
• 1 Teaspoon mustard.
• 1/3 Cup panko bread crumbs.
• 1 1/2 Cups shredded cheddar cheese.
• 1 large egg
• 1/4 Cup milk.
-In a skillet cook the bacon for 3 to 4mins then add the onion and cook till the bacon is browned and the onion is tender, about 5 more minutes.
-Remove from the skillet to drain on a paper towel lined plate.
-Add the ground beef to the skillet and cooking till it is browned, drain well and stir back in the onion and bacon.
-Stir in the house seasoning, BBQ sauce, ketchup, worcestershire, mustard and panko.
-Pour the mixture into the pie crust and spread it evenly.
-Add the cheese on top and take a fork and sort of work the cheese a little into the meat.
-Whisk together the egg and milk and pour over the pie.
-Cover with tinfoil and bake in a 400°degree oven for 15mins. Uncover and continue to bake for an additional 15mins.
Follow me on Pinterest !