BLUEBERRY MUFFINS RECIPE WITH LEMON GLAZE
Ingredients for Blueberry Muffins:
• 2 eggs (large), room temperature
• 1 cup granulated sugar
• 1 cup sour cream
• 1/2 cup extra LIGHT olive oil not extra virgin
• 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1/4 Teaspoon sea salt
• 2 cups all-purpose flour *measured correctly
• 2 Teaspoons baking powder
• 2 Teaspoons lemon zest from 1 large lemon
• 2 Tablespoons lemon juice from 1 large lemon
• 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries rinsed and dried
• Optional (but highly necessary) Lemon Glaze Recipe:
• 1 cup powdered sugar
• 1 1/2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice (use 1 1/2-2 Tablespoons)
• 1/2 Teaspoon lemon zest
• US Customary – Metric
• Create a shopping list
• View list
• Print, email, or view list on your mobile.
• Add to shopping list
-How To Make Blueberry Muffins Recipe:
-Line a 12 – count muffin/cupcake tin with cupcake liners. Preheat oven to 400˚ F. In a large mixing bowl, beat together 2 eggs and 1 cup granulated sugar with electric mixer on high speed 5mins. It should be thick and light in color.
-Add 1 cup sour cream, 1/2 cup oil, 1 Teaspoon vanilla and 1/4 Teaspoon salt.Set the mixer to low speed and mix just until combined.
-In a small bowl, add 2 cups flour and 2 Teaspoons baking powder and whisk to combine. Using a hand held whisk, add flour mixture into the batter 1/3 at a time, stirring with each addition just until incorporated.DO NOT OVERMIX or muffins can become dense.
-Add 2 Teaspoon lemon zest 2 Tablespoons lemon juice and whisk in just until combined. Use a spatula to fold in 1 1/2 cups blueberries, folding just until combined.
-Divide batter into muffin tin filling liners to the top or until all of the batter is used up. Bake at 400˚ F for 20 – 22mins or until tops are golden and a toothpick inserted into the center come out clean without wet dough.Remove muffins from tin and cool on a wire rack until room temperature then drizzle with lemon glaze.
– How to Make Lemon Glaze Recipe:
-In a small bowl, combine 1 cup powdered sugar, 1/2 Teaspoon lemon zest and 1-1/2 to 2 Tablespoons lemon juice, adding lemon juice until desired consistency is reached. Stir until smooth. To thin the glaze more, add a little lemon juice or water. To thicken, add a little more powdered sugar.
Follow me on Pinterest !