THE BEST STRAWBERRY CAKE EVER
To Make this Recipe You’Il Need the following ingredients:
• 9 ounces of white or vanilla cake mix 1/2 of an 18 ounce package.
• 1 egg white.
• 1/2 cup water.
• 3 tablespoons vegetable oil.
• 1/2 teaspoon vanilla.
• 3 ounces plain non fat yogurt 1/2 of a 6 ounce container.
• 1/4 cup strawberry all-fruit preserves melted.
• 1-1/2 cups whipped cream 3/4 cup heavy cream whipped with 1 tablespoon confectioner’s sugar to make 1-1/2 cups or natural whipped topping such as Truwhip.
• 1 pint strawberries washed, hulled and sliced.
-Position an oven rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 350°degrees. Coat an 8-inch round baking pan with cooking spray, then dust it with flour.
-In a large bowl beat 9 ounces of cake mix (about 1/2 a pckg.), the egg white, water, oil, vanilla and 3 yogurt with an electric mixer until well blended, 2-3minutes.
-Pour the cake batter into the prepared pan and bake until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 25-35minutes. Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack for 10minutes.Carefully remove the cake from the pan and place it on the rack to cool completely.
-Split the cooled cake horizontally into 2 layers.(I use a thin serrated bread knife.).Place the bottom layer cut side up on a cake plate. Spread 1/2 the preserves over the bottom layer. Cover with half the whipped cream or whipped topping and half the strawberries.
-Top with the remaining layer, cut side down. Coat with the remaining preserves and whipped topping. Arrange the remaining strawberries over the top.
Nutritional Estimates (1/10th): 193 calories | 6.2 g fat | 31.4 g carbs | 0.7 g fiber | 2.5 g protein and 5 Weight Watchers PointsPlus
Follow me on Pinterest !