To me, as a kid growing up in New York, fried chicken came from one place, one place only: the fat-smeared cardboard buckets that the colonel himself sold. But times have changed, and as is often the case, revisiting these sweet childhood memories only leads to disappointment and disappointment. However, stylistically, there could be no disadvantage. So I realized that I could somehow take what the Colonel started and bring it to its final end – the deep chicken flavor; The complexion is free from impurities tender and juicy flesh. And a crunchy and spicy lid – maybe I will be able to relive the first childhood taste of fried chicken as I remember them.
° Salt: 15 grams (1 tablespoon)
° Black pepper: 15 grams (1 tablespoon)
° Two large eggs, beaten
° Evaporated milk: 120 ml (1/2 cup)
° Water: 120 ml (12 cup)
° Wheat flour: 240 grams (2 cups)
° Sweet pepper: 5 grams (1 teaspoon)
° Ground thyme: half a teaspoon
° Crushed garlic: half a teaspoon
° Frying oil: 950 ml (4 cups)
° Chicken: 1 whole piece (cut into 8 pieces)
How to make it :
1. The first thing you have to do is cut the chicken into 8 pieces, seasoning it well with salt and pepper.
2. You’ll want to mix eggs, milk, and water. Now this mixture, pour the mixture over the chicken and leave it for 5 minutes.
3. Mix the flour, paprika, thyme and garlic in a (thick) paper bag, then put the chicken inside the bag and shake it until the chicken is well covered.
4. Make sure the chicken is dry before putting it in the oil, because the paint will not stick to the chicken if it is wet.
5. Next, you need to heat the oil up (it should reach 175 ° C (350 ° F). Immediately put the chicken in the skillet and fry it for half an hour, or until the chicken turns golden brown (the trick is that the breasts or thighs take about 15-20 minutes, wings are about 10-15 minutes) and please dry the chicken with parchment paper.
6. I find it very helpful to use a half cream and half milk mixture when I don’t have evaporated milk.