• 2 large sweet onions, peeled and sliced thin into rings.
• 2 eggs.
• 1⁄2 cup buttermilk.
CRISPY COATING MIXTURE:
• 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour.
• 1 teaspoon seasoning salt [or regular salt, can use less than 1 teaspoon if desired.]
• 1 teaspoon garlic powder.
• 1 pinch cayenne pepper [optional but good to add in, I use lots as we like extreme heat.]
• 2 tablespoons cornstarch
• 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs [preferably panko bread crumbs.]
• oil [for frying.]
-Heat the oil to about 350° degrees F.
-In a small bowl whisk together buttermilk and eggs.
-In a bowl mix together the coating mixture, then place into a shallow dish [a shallow dish makes for easier coating of the rings.]
-Dip/coat the onion rings into the buttermilk mixture.
-Then coat generously into the dry coating mixture.
-Fry briefly in hot oil [turning once] until onion rings are lightly brown on both sides.
Follow me on Pinterest !