EASY AND DELICIOUS RANCH-PARMESAN CHICKEN
• 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts.
• 1 cup dry breadcrumbs [even better, use panko breadcrumbs]….
• 1/4 or 1/3 cup parmesan cheese.
• 1 teaspoon seasoning salt.
• 1/2 or 1 teaspoon ground black pepper.
• 1/2 or 1 teaspoon garlic powder.
• 1 cup prepared ranch salad dressing…which you can make at home.
• 1/4 cup melted butter [no substitutes.] REAL Butter is GOOD for you.!
-Set oven to 400°degrees [set oven rack to lowest position.]
-In a shallow bowl mix together the dry breadcrumbs with Parmesan cheese, seasoned salt, black pepper and garlic powder.
-Dip the chicken into the ranch dressing to coat both sides[allow any excess to drip off.]
-Coat in the breadcrumb mixture.
-Place in a single layer onto a greased baking sheet or line with non-stick foil [do NOT bake in a smaller baking dish or the bottom of the chicken will be soggy.]
-Lightly drizzle the melted butter over each breast [for low-fat option omit the butter or use a diet alternative.]
-If desired you can sprinkle black pepper over the chicken pieces.
-Bake uncovered for about 30 – 35minutes or until the chicken is cooked.