APPLE CRISP PIZZA
• Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
• 2/3 cup sugar
• 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
• 4 medium apples (like Gala, Fiji, Braeburn, Empire) peeled and diced into 1/4 inch pieces
• 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
• 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
• 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1/4 cup salted butter, softened
• 1/2 cup caramel topping
-Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
-Roll pastry to fit a 12 inch pizza pan; fold under edges to give the pizza a bit of a raised crust. Combine sugar, flour and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Add peeled, diced apples and toss. -Arrange the apples in a single layer over the pie crust to completely cover it.
-For the topping: Combine the flour, brown sugar, oats, cinnamon, and butter in a bowl. Mix well. Sprinkle topping evenly over the apples.
-Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until apples are tender. Remove from oven and immediately drizzle with caramel topping. Cut into pizza slices and serve warm with ice cream. Makes 12 servings.