TOMATO BASIL PASTA-NO STRAINING, JUST STIRRING
Throw all of the ingredients in the pot, INCLUDING the uncooked Pasta, and cook. Bring it to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.The starch leaches out of the pasta and makes a rich, warm sauce for the noodles. The other ingredients cook right along with the pasta
• 12 ounces pasta [whatever you like.]
• 1 can [15 ounces] diced tomatoes with liquid [I used zesty red pepper flavor.]
• 1 large sweet onion, cut in julienne strips.
• 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced.
• 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes.
• 2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves.
• 2 large sprigs basil, chopped.
• 4 1/2 cups vegetable broth [regular broth and NOT low sodium.]
• 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil.
• Parmesan cheese for garnish.
-Place pasta, tomatoes, onion, garlic, basil, in a large stock pot. Pour in vegetable broth. Sprinkle on top the pepper flakes and oregano.Drizzle top with oil.
-Cover pot and bring to a boil. Reduce to a low simmer and keep covered and cook for about 10minutes, stirring every 2minutes or so.Cook until almost all liquid has evaporated – I left about an inch of liquid in the bottom of the pot – but you can reduce as desired .
-Season to taste with salt and pepper , stirring pasta several times to distribute the liquid in the bottom of the pot. Serve garnished with Parmesan cheese.ENJOY!♥♥
Follow me on Pinterest !