SHREDDED CHICKEN-ENCHILADA CASSEROLE
• 2 spray(s) cooking spray.
• 1 1/2 Tablespoon(s) olive oil.
• 3 cup(s), chopped uncooked onion(s), divided.
• 1 pound(s) cremini mushroom(s), sliced 1/4-in thick.
• 2 medium uncooked zucchini, halved lengthwise, sliced 1/4-in thick.
• 1 1/2 Teaspoon(s) table salt, divided.
• 28 ounce(s) canned diced tomatoes, fire-roasted [undrained.]
• 1 item(s) canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped [optional.]
• 4 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), smashed.
• 2 Teaspoon(s) chili powder.
• 2 Teaspoon(s) ground cumin.
• 1 Teaspoon dried oregano.
• 12 ounce cooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s), shredded with two forks.
• 18 small corn tortilla(s), 4-in each.
• 6 ounce low fat shredded cheddar cheese, or jack cheese.
• 3/4 cup(s) reduced-fat sour cream.
-Preheat oven 425°F. Coat a 9 X 13 in baking dish with cooking spray.
-In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. When oil shimmers, add 2 cups onion; cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent, 2 – 3 minutes. Add mushrooms, zucchini and 1/2 Teaspoon salt; cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are softened, 15 – 20minutes.
-While vegetables cook, make sauce. Put tomatoes, chipotle, remaining 1 cup onion, garlic, chili powder, cumin, oregano and remaining 1 Teaspoon salt into a blender; puree.
-Transfer cooked vegetables to a medium mixing bowl; stir in chicken and 1 cup tomato sauce.
-Spread 1/2 cup tomato sauce in bottom of baking dish; top with 6 overlapping tortillas. Sprinkle with half chicken mixture and 1/2 cup cheese; top with 6 more tortillas, remaining chicken mixture and 1/2 cup cheese. Top with remaining 6 tortillas; spread remaining sauce on top and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake until golden and bubbling, 15 – 20minutes.
-Remove from oven; let sit 5 – 10minutes. Serve each piece with 1 Tablespoon sour cream.
Serving size: 1/12th of casserole and 1 Tablespoon sour cream.