POOR MAN’S STEW
• 1 pound ground beef.
• 1/2 medium onion, chopped.
• 3 slices bacon, raw and chopped.
• 3 – 4 carrots, peeled and sliced.
• 3 – 4 small potatoes, peeled and cut into 1″chunks.
• 2 (15 ounces) cans kidney beans, undrained.
• 1 (15 ounces) can whole or chopped tomatoes, undrained.
• 1 (8 ounces) can tomato sauce.
• 1 cup beef broth.
• salt and pepper to taste.
-Brown ground beef, drain fat.
-Add onion and cook until onion is soft. Add kidney beans and rinse out can with a little water and add that.
-Add bacon (not cooked, just raw), and remaining ingredients Season to taste with salt and pepper.
-Let cook with lid on about 30minutes or until potatoes and carrots are cooked.
-If too soupy, cook with lid off for an additional 15 to 20minutes.
-If you like a thick stew, you can add about 1Tablespoons.
-flour to 1/4 cup water, stir until there are no lumps and add to stew to thicken.
*Servings Per Recipe: 7
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 382.3 | Total Fat: 13.4 g | Cholesterol: 42.8 mg | Sodium: 1,158.0 mg | Total Carbs: 45.2 g | Dietary Fiber: 13.3 g | Protein: 21.4 g
Follow me on Pinterest !