NEW ORLEANS STYLE SHRIMP CREOLE RECIPE
• 1 Tablespoon Butter.
• 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil.
• 1 cup Yellow Onion, Chopped.
• 1 cup Celery, Chopped.
• 1 cup Green Bell Pepper, Chopped.
• 2 cloves Garlic, Chopped.
• 3 Tablespoons Flour.
• 1 can (8 Oz.) Tomato Sauce.
• 1 can (14 Oz.) Chicken Broth.
• 1/8 teaspoons Black Pepper.
• 1/8 teaspoons White Pepper.
• 1/8 teaspoons Cayenne Pepper.
• 1 pound Medium Shrimp, Peeled And Deveined.
• 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice.
• 2 whole Bay Leaves.
• 2 cups Boiled Rice [see New Orleans Style Boiled Rice Recipe].
-In a black cast iron pot melt butter.
-Over medium heat sauté all seasonings until wilted, about 5minutes.
-Add flour and blend well.
-Add tomato sauce and broth.
-Add black pepper, white pepper and cayenne pepper.
-Bring to a low boil then reduce the heat and simmer for 30minutes.
-Add shrimp, lemon juice, Bay leaves, cover and simmer for 20minutes longer.
-Remove pot from the heat and allow to stand, covered, at room temperature for about 10minutes before serving.
-Serve over boiled rice.
-Garnish with sliced green onion tops.