MAMAS CHICKEN PIE
• 1 whole chicken or 3 large boneless breast…
• 10.5 ounce can cream of chicken soup
• 1 1/2 cans chicken broth [use the chicken soup can to measure the broth…I used the water I cooked the chicken in for mine]
• 1/4 Teaspoon salt
• 1/2 Teaspoon black pepper
• 2 frozen 9″ pie crust, thawed and cut into 1″ strips
• 2 Tablespoons butter
-Place the chicken in a pot and cover with water, bring to a boil and cook thoroughly. Remove the chicken [save the cooking liquid,] let cool and then chop up the meat. In a mixing bowl stir together the soup, broth, salt and pepper. Stir in the chicken, combine well.
-Lightly spray a 9 x 9 baking dish with cooking spray. Spoon half of the chicken mixture into the bottom and spread around. Then cover the mixture with a layer of the pie strips. Dot the strips with 1 Tablespoon of butter and place in a 400°degree oven for 25minutes. Remove and spoon the remaining chicken mixture over the top, then place the remaining pie crust strips. Again, dot with 1 Tablespoon butter. Return to the oven for an additional 25minutes or until golden brown. Remove and let sit 5minutes before serving.
Follow me on Pinterest !