• 1 quart Fresh or frozen (loose-pack) blackberries.
• 1 cup Plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided.
• 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided.
• 1/2 Teaspoon Lemon extract.
• 1 1/2 Cup All-purpose flour.
• 2 ts Baking powder.
• 1/4 Ts Ground nutmeg.
• 2/3 Cup Milk Cream or whipped cream,optional.
-In a Dutch oven, combine the blackberries, 1 cup sugar, 1/4 teaspoon salt and lemon extract.
-Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 5 mins.
-Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, nutmeg and remaining sugar and salt.
-Add milk; stir just until mixed. [Dough will be very thick.] Drop by tablespoonfuls into six mounds onto hot blackberry mixture cover tightly and simmer for 15 mins or until a toothpick inserted in a dumpling comes out clean. Spoon in-to serving dishes. Serve with cream or whipped cream if desired.
Follow me on Pinterest !