WATCH HOW TO MAKE SLOW COOKER HEARTY BEEF AND PASTA SOUP
PREP TIME: 15 mins | COOK TIME: 8 hours | YIELD: serves 6-8.
• 1 pound lean ground beef.
• 2 whole carrots,(diced).
• 4 celery stalks,(diced).
• 1 medium onion,(diced).
• 2 cloves garlic,(minced).
• 28 ounce can crushed / chopped tomatoes.
• 2 14.5 ounce cans beef broth or fresh beef stock.
• 2 whole bay leaves.
• 1 teaspoon dried oregano.
• 1 teaspoon dried basil.
• Salt and pepper to taste.
• 1 15 ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed.
• 1 15 ounce can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed.
• 1 cup ditalini pasta [small tubes or similar shape], uncooked.
• Parmesan cheese, powdered, to serve.
1-Put everything except beans, pasta and cheese in a 6-quart slow cooker. Stir, making sure to break up the ground beef.
2-Cover and cook on low for 7-8hours, or on high for 3-4hours.
3-About 30minutes before the end of the cooking time, stir in beans (drained and rinsed) and pasta.Add more salt and pepper if desired.
4-Remove the bay leaves before serving. Sprinkle powdered Parmesan on top.
Serve piping hot, to cries of great joy.Some people might want salad with their soup, and it would taste great. But really, you probably just need some decent rustic-style bread and a spoon!