SLOW-COOKER SALSA CHICKEN
• 2 pound [32 ounce] chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
• 1 cup salsa, homemade or purchased
• 1 cup petite diced canned tomatoes [choose low-sodium]
• 2 Tablespoons taco seasoning
• 1 cup onions, diced fine
• 1/2 cup celery diced fine
• 1/2 cup carrots, shredded [you can leave these out if you are concerned about the carbs.]
• 3 Tablespoons sour cream, reduced fat [can use regular sour cream if you like].
-Place the chicken in a slow cooker.
-Sprinkle the taco seasoning over the meat then layer the vegetables and salsa on top.
-Pour a half cup water over the mixture, set on low and cook for 6 to 8 hours.
-The meat is cooked when it shreds or reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
-When ready to serve, break up the chicken with two forks then stir in the sour cream.
-Makes eight 1 cup servings.
Follow me on Pinterest !