HASH BROWN AND BROCCOLI BREAKFAST CASSEROLE
• 7 Cup frozen shredded hash browns, thawed
• 1 pound bacon, chopped up
• 1 small onion, chopped
• 1/2 Cup red or green bell pepper, chopped
• 6 ounce frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
• 2 Cup shredded cheddar cheese
• 1 Cup shredded swiss chess
• 10 large eggs
• 1 Cup milk
• 1 Teaspoon my house seasoning [equal parts garlic powder, onion powder and pepper…combine and store in an airtight container.]
• 1/4 Teaspoon smoked paprika
-Fry up the bacon in a skillet, remove the bacon and drain off all but 1 T. of the bacon grease. Add the onions and bell pepper and cook for 4-5minutes or until slightly tender. Remove from the heat and set aside. In a large bowl, add in the thawed hash browns, thawed broccoli and the onions and peppers. Stir to combine well. Stir in 1 Cup of the cheddar cheese and the 1 Cup of swiss cheese. Combine well. In another bowl whisk together the eggs, milk and seasonings. In a lightly buttered 3.5 quart baking dish spread half of the potato mixture over the bottom of the dish. Top that with half of the cooked bacon then add the remaining potato mixture over that then sprinkle over the remaining bacon. Pour the beaten egg mixture evenly over the top and then top with the remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, in a 350 degree oven for 1hour or until the middle of the casserole has set. Allow to sit 5minutes before serving.
Follow me on Pinterest !